Friday, April 26, 2013

¡Madrid y Más!

Hello world,

I have the most amazing adventure coming up. I'm moving to MADRID, SPAIN! I can hardly believe it. I start in September teaching English in Spanish schools as a language assistant. It pays to be a native English speaker with a foreign language degree!

I still can't believe that I'm going to live in my dream country next year. Spain. Let me show you some pictures of my new town:




I can't stop daydreaming about moving there. It's a lifelong dream that is coming true! I've wanted this more than anything for years. 

I'm not sure if I can put online the name of my program, but I'll update you individually if you'd like to know more about my schools, what I'll be doing exactly, etc... ;)

Also, I've officially taken a job as an au pair! I met a wonderful family through the program director. I agreed to be their au pair after speaking with several families. I was beginning to lose hope for a family that wouldn't want me on a strict schedule (I won't know my teaching schedule until I arrive!). When I read the letter this family sent me, I felt an instant connection. My new Spanish family has two beautiful little girls, a mom, and a dad. The dad used to be an engineer and now teaches math, just like my dad!! I met them on Skype this afternoon and felt really at ease with them (and we were speaking Spanish 95% of the time). We agreed to stay in touch over the summer. The mom asked me for graduation pictures... 

... which leads me to my next HUGE news: I PASSED PRAXIS II SPANISH CONTENT KNOWLEDGE! I passed by one point, but passing is passing! For those of you who are just now tuning in to this particular part of my life, I studied like a mad woman for this test. I spent hours talking to people on Verbling  and digging into the language. Spending time teaching under my clinical supervisor was definitely an integral part of my success on this test too. So, if you ever read this, thanks, Jennifer!

My internship ends shortly. I'm officially done teaching Spanish 2. I have one day left with Spanish 1. I don't know what to do with myself, really. Graduation is so incredibly close! 

Well, that's about all I have the energy to write today. I'm incredibly excited about my life right now. Two weeks until graduation. That. Is. Insane.

Xoxo,
Kirstyn
but you can call me Kirt ♥




2 comments:

  1. You are going to love Madrid! It has everything you need in a city! Make sure to join the Americanas in Madrid Facebook group and Girl Gone International also has a group in Madrid. I have lots of info. about Madrid restaurants at my blog Spanish Sabores too, and in Spanish Madrid Diferente is a great city guide.

    ReplyDelete