Saturday, October 12, 2013

Routine and Adventure: My Life in a Nutshell

Hello again!

I hope this post finds you in good health, happiness, and peace. I most certainly am in that state of being. It's quite lovely.

I genuinely cherish routine. I have a set schedule with set expectations. I hope to add a few weekly activities to my schedule, but here's what a week in my life usually looks like:

Monday: School from 9-12:30. 2 hours of lunch. School from 2:30-4:30. Home at 5:30. Play with the girls/hang out until 9ish. Eat dinner. Browse Internet/read.

Tuesday:  School from 10-12:30. 2 hours of lunch. School from 2:30-4:30. Hop on the Metro over to the other school. Class from 6-7:40. Home by 8:40. Dinner. Browse Internet/read.

Wednesday: Same as Monday but with a 10 o'clock start.

Thursday: School from 8:30-2:00. Home by 3:00. Lunch. Chill until girls get home. Normal evening events.

Friday: Sleep late. Do laundry. Go shopping. Chill.

Weekend: Do something fun.


I'm trying to hang out with a group of friends every Wednesday night. I'd also like to use my two hour lunch to climb at a nearby gym. I hope to get in several day trips and a couple of international trips before Christmas!

My last ten days have been pretty routine. I went exploring with a friend last weekend. I found Subway, and absolutely loved getting to see the Puerta de Europa. Google it!

Today, I went to a Medieval festival in a town about an hour outside Madrid. There was SO. MUCH. FOOD. Oh my goodness.

Here's glimpses of my day in pictures:

Some AMAZING pizza. I can never find pepperoni here. This was amazing after a train trip!!

Large mojitos. We figured: go big or go home, right?

For size reference. There wasn't nearly as much alcohol in this as one might think. 

I went 22 years thinking candy apples and caramel apples were the same thing. Turns out, I was completely wrong. There is a difference. I think I prefer caramel apples, but this was pretty tasty. 

I did NOT eat this. Yes, that IS a vat of octopuses. Octopi? No, red squiggly line under that. Some people did, in fact, eat this.


There were also all kinds of booths with jewelry, home decor, birds (yes, birds), and other things on display or for sale (they wouldn't let me buy the owl... tragic). I bought some Spanish pearl earrings (my last pearls broke just before I came to Spain!) and a gorgeous ring.

I also discovered how wonderful the trains are in Madrid. I can get to Sol in HALF the time from my piso if I take the Cercanias (train)! I can't believe I've only used the Metro thus far!!!

I'm slowly becoming a pro at public transport. Coming from Jonesboro, Arkansas. That's a big deal ;)

Routine. Medieval Festival. Adventure.

Also, I finally got my debit card!

That's about all I have for tonight. Best wishes from Madrid!!

XOXO,
Kirt

No comments:

Post a Comment