Sunday, November 24, 2013

Just another WEEKEND UPDATE!

Hey there!

Since you're found your way here once again, I assume you're interested in knowing about my life. Either that or you were searching for SNL skits and you stumbled upon my blog. The power of Google has brought us together. Congratulations! I'm going to share about my life.

If you're not interested in my life, well, peace out, yo.

If you're still with me at this point, here's how my week went:

School was pretty normal. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I had a debate with my Tuesday night classes about cosmetic surgery. It got waaaay off track, but they were debating in English!! Hooray!

On Friday, I went to the supermarket. I bought some groceries for Thanksgiving (yay!) and a Christmas present for someone that's hard to shop for (I'm looking at you, brother-in-law).

Friday night, I went over to a teacher's house and had dinner with her family. It was great! Her husband's mom made food for me to try. It was really awesome. I made sweet tea for them. They want to take me on a day trip sometime after Christmas. I enjoy getting to know people over food and good conversation.

Saturday was mostly another Boy Meets World marathon. I did, however, go see Catching Fire (in English!!!) at the movie theater. It was a good representation of the book. I also may or may not have offered to throw my friend from a moving train. Offered, not threatened, offered. Friendship, yo.

The metro rides home this weekend were the late night weekend metro trains home. I lovingly refer to them as "the drunk train" (How I Met Your Mother, Season 7, Episode 16). The first night, someone had either defecated, vomited, or given birth on the car I was entered. I got as far from whatever that was as quickly as possible.

The second night wasn't as late, but the train smelled of illegal drugs and booze. Both are very common here. I've even had beer spilled on me on the metro. Lovely, right?

Today was filled with crayons, baby dolls, and napping. A lovely Sunday if I do say so myself. I also got to talk to my family. At one point, I asked Kyle what he got dad for Christmas. Dad immediately came back to the iPad and said, "I'm Kyle, just wearing a Dad mask! What did you get me, uh, him, for Christmas??" "Kyle" and I then had a discussion about what Dad might like for Christmas.

This weekend was great. It had just the right mix of laziness and social time. Perfecto!

Now, what you've all been waiting for, FUN FACTS!

1. Tex-Mex Doritos are just nacho cheese flavor. I have no idea why they had to change the name for Spain. They taste just like they do at home.
2. I have a cold. Despite endlessly washing my hands and not hugging small children with runny noses, I still got sick again. Hey, I had two healthy weeks, right?!
3. I need to buy Germ-X. Seriously
4. I'm out of Allegra D. Back to the pharmacy for me!
5. I hate that I can't just buy medicine. I can buy a tube of Halls. But that's about it. No ibuprofen unless you ask for it at the pharmacy counter. What's up with that?! I could really use some Robitussin and nose strips right about now.
6. I still have a stash of ibuprofen. AMERICA!
7. I get to visit my country in approximately 25 days. I may or may not have made my own Christmas countdown paper chain... It may or may not be blue... We didn't have red and green paper...
8. I'm making Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. I also might try to find the Thanksgiving day parade or some football to watch! AMERICA!
9. I'm going to Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands next week!!! I'm super excited.
10. I'm still not done with Christmas shopping. I need to get it together!
11. The girl who played Rachel on Boy Meets World retweeted me this week. It was pretty awesome.
12. I slept until 11 o'clock today. It's not even 10:30 now, and I'm struggling to stay awake.
13. I have finished shopping for all my brothers and sisters for Christmas. Hooray!!!

This week was pretty normal. I'm going to go fall into a stuffy, coughing sleep. Be jealous ;)

XOXO,
Kirt

No comments:

Post a Comment