Saturday, January 11, 2014

Glamorous Adventures: Reality

I feel like I should have some sort of fabulous update for you today. It's Saturday. I've been back in Madrid for just over a week.

Honestly, I don't have much of anything to share. This week was slow and extremely challenging emotionally.

The truth is, it's difficult to leave your family and friends back home for six months. It's difficult to readjust to living with small children. It's difficult to recover from jet lag. It's difficult to realize that I won't go back to my country until I'm 23.

If you're reading this and you must go longer than six months without seeing your family, please accept my Internet-delivered hug.

Back to the honesty, I spent a lot of time watching movies and playing trivia games against friends on my iPhone this week.

There were two days of school and three hours of Spanish class for me this week. It was the best Spanish class I've had thus far.

I'm excited to start back to my regular schedule on Monday. Please mark your calendars: I'm looking forward to Monday morning.

I know I'll be just as in love with Madrid as I was before in a few weeks. I love my job. I love the opportunities I have. I love having Europe at my fingertips.

There's something to be said for routine.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment