Friday, February 21, 2014

There's only one place left I wanna go

Ah, we meet again!

The last few weeks have been full of self reflection and emotional turmoil.

Truth be told, I'm terrible at making decisions.

I can grade subjective assignments with the help of a rubric. I can't make life decisions based on a rubric. Trust me, I've tried. I don't recommend it. You'll feel like you're barely passing life.

Making the decision to move to Madrid was easy. It was all I had wanted for years: to live abroad. When the opportunity came, I jumped at the chance.

Whether or not to renew has been one of the most difficult decisions I've made. I spent weeks in quiet thinking. I called old friends, talked with new friends, wrote out lists... It was a difficult decision to make.

After all that deliberation, I have come to my conclusion:

I've decided to come back home to teach in the good ole US of A.

Watch out USA, I'm coming home!


I finally told both of my schools yesterday. They both still requested me on their BEDA paperwork in case I change my mind. Everyone has been so kind and supportive of my decision. The general idea is, "We will miss you, but we're happy that you're happy."

Speaking of jobs, I'm now on the hunt for a job for the 2014/2015 school year. Schools, prepare to be amazed by Miss Wyatt: the spunky Spanish teacher applicant who just spent a year teaching in Madrid (resume coming to an administration office near you!). 

I'm taking a huge leap of faith. I don't have a job yet. I'm saying no to another year in Spain without first having a job secured in the USA. I'm confident in my certification and unique experiences. 

If you know of schools looking for a Spanish teacher, send their information my way! I'm excited to bring my Spanish skills and passion for teaching to the MidSouth.

On another note... 

Until I return, I'll be adventuring around Europe, Africa, and even Asia. This time next week, I'll be in Morocco! Then, before you know it, my family will be visiting. Then, it's Holy Week. Then, it's May puente. Then it's half days in June. That is closely followed by my birthday. That leads us to the post work trip to Turkey and Greece! These next few months will be a whirlwind of travel and excitement. 


Best of wishes to you, friends. 

XOXO,
Kirt

No comments:

Post a Comment