Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gearing Up

Hello!

February is more than halfway over. Time really is flying here.

I need to work on saving money. I bought jeans and khaki dress pants today. Both good investments.

That being said, I have my Holy Week (Semana Santa) trip booked!

What's in store, you ask?

Well, let's see....

Valencia, Spain
Paris, France
Dublin, Ireland
Edinburgh, Scotland,
Glasgow, Scotland
Rome, Italy

...and back home to Madrid!


I'm super excited! I booked all my flights today. Next up, hostels and trains.

I don't have too much to share this week. I'm making my plans for next year official this week or next. So, nothing too much to share. I'm really excited about life in general.

Instead of a long post, enjoy these FUN FACTS!!!

1. I have a new addiction: bubble tea. Seriously. This stuff is a gift from God. My favorite is peach. I had two today. I'm failing at saving money.
2. I'm glad I don't live anywhere near a bubble tea place. I'd spend all my money on it.
3. As of today, I own a normal pair of denim jeans for the first time since losing two sizes in jeans.
4. I got a map of Europe for three euros today. I also got flag pins to put on it!
5. It's 11:11. Make a wish!
6. I did some research on my neighborhood in Madrid. Turns out, I live close to some well-known architecture.
Across the street. 

This is a glimpse of the building that I can see. It's a really interesting apartment building. Click for my Google search of it. 

The view of Chamartin from my metro stop.
7. I went to the area that my family will be staying today. It's a great location. They'll be here in five weeks!!
8. I need to visit small towns around Madrid.
9. I watched 80s movies all weekend.
10. I'm in denial that tomorrow is Monday.
11. I wrote down my entire travel schedule for my host family this evening. Once I looked at my calendar, I realized that I've got a trip or class almost every other week!

I need to sleep. I want to browse the Internet and pretend I don't have to work tomorrow. But, alas, I must go.

Best wishes to you wherever you are, friends.

XOXO,
Kirt

No comments:

Post a Comment